Links & Resources
There are many online resources available for anyone interested in learning about the history of Sudbury. The following links may help you get
started in your research.
Related Organizations in Sudbury
Several other commissions and organizations in Sudbury work to preserve the town's heritage.
- The Town of Sudbury makes information about the history of Sudbury available on the town website.
- The Sudbury Historical Commission is responsible for town owned historic buildings and sites including the Hosmer House
and grounds, Loring Parsonage and grounds, Haynes Garrison Site, Revolutionary Training Field, R.R. Section House,
and the Revolutionary War Cemetery.
- The Sudbury Historic Districts Commission is responsible for changes in houses in the town's historic districts: King Philip, Sudbury Town Center, George Pitts Tavern and Wayside Inn Districts 1 & 2.
- The Sudbury Archives began in November, 1991 as an effort to create a thorough index and database of the large collection of pre-1850 documents within the town of Sudbury, Massachusetts.
- The Goodnow Library houses a substantial collection of material relevant to town history and genealogy.
- The Wayside Inn is a well-known historic landmark in Sudbury that continues to operate as an Inn as well as
managing its museum collections, extensive grounds and outbuildings and running a series of exhibitions and events.
The Inn also houses a substantial archive.
- The Sudbury Companies of Militia & Minute and
The Sudbury Ancient Fyfe and Drum Companie are local Colonial Reenactors.
- The Sudbury Senior Center has prepared a short History of Sudbury and of King Philip's War and the Sudbury Fight.
- Sudburians have been blogging snapshots of the town's history. For a story from the King Philip Historic District
see Tea at the White House (on King Philip Rd.).
- Musicians of the Old Post Road perform period music locally and internationally.
Some Massachusetts Resources
There are a large number of resources in Massachusetts available for researching local history. These include:
Historical Societies of Towns Adjoining Sudbury
All of the towns adjoining Sudbury have active Historical Societies.