Membership and Volunteering
Membership dues support the Sudbury Historical Society's educational programs and
collection maintenance and preservation. The Society does not charge admission to its programs — membership dues
allow us to provide our programming for free. The Society welcomes new members at any time of
the year. Please consider joining today.
To become a new member or to renew your membership, please complete the membership form listed below and mail it with a check made
The Sudbury Historical Society, Inc.
322 Concord Road
Sudbury, MA 01776-1850
All memberships are valid for one year from the receipt of dues and are renewable annually. Contributions are tax deductible. If you have questions about
membership, call 978-443-3747 or send an e-mail message to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that you may also attend any of our programs and
we'll be happy to sign you up as a new member.
Click Here for an online Membership Form
Click Here for a printable Membership Form
All categories of members receive:
- Advance notice and invitations to the Society's educational programs and events, including lectures, walking tours, field trips and open houses.
- A subscription to the Society's newsletter The Sudbury Chronicle.
- No hourly research fee for use of the Society’s collections. Use and reproduction fees still apply.
(There is a $20 charge per hour for research for non–members.)
|Student||$15||For any student age 21 and under.|
Includes all benefits listed above.
|Individual||$30||Includes all benefits listed above.|
|Family||$50||Includes the benefits listed above for all members of your household.|
|Peter Noyes Supporter||$100||
A Founding Father (1589-1656) of Sudbury and a Representative of the General Court.|
General membership benefits, plus Noyes Supporters are invited to special events each year,
which often includes at least one visit to a private site of historical or architectural
|General John Nixon Champion||$150||
A Revolutionary War General (1724-1815).|
General membership benefits, plus Nixon Champions and their families are invited to special
events each year.
|John Goodnow Sponsor||$250||
The Goodnow Library's First Benefactor (1791-1861).|
General membership benefits, plus Goodnow Sponsors and their families are invited to
special events each year.
|Josiah Haynes Patron||$500||
A Revolutionary War Patriot (1696-1775).|
General membership benefits, plus Haynes Patrons and their families are invited to special
events each year. Patrons will also receive one private, guided tour of the SHS archives.
|Israel Loring Benefactor||$1000||
A Spiritual Leader (1706-1772).|
General membership benefits, plus Loring Benefactors and their families are invited to special
events each year. Benefactors will also receive one guided tour of the SHS archives and one
private, guided walking tour of an area agreed upon by the SHS guides. The tour can include
up to twelve people and must be scheduled at least one month in advance.
The Society has many opportunities for volunteers. Some of the work our volunteers perform include:
- Accessioning (describe) things in our collections of photos, objects and archival materials.
- Entering data into our museum database (using PastPerfect).
- Caring for our photographs, documents, textiles and many other objects at our Town Hall headquarters
- Guiding tours through our collection or through the town.
- Making displays and course curriculum materials for our schools.
- Participating in dramatizations for the public.
- Helping with sales tables, information displays and refreshments.
- Researching and writing stories for our newsletter.
- Researching events and people of Sudbury.
Please contact the Society if you are interested in volunteering in any of these ways or if you have other ideas about how you
can help the Society.